Governors, Faculty, and Staff
Note: due to limited seating in Convocation Hall, we regret that we are unable to offer guest tickets to faculty or staff.
The Academic Procession continues to be an important part of the long and dignified tradition of the convocation ceremony at the University of Toronto. A procession that includes a strong representation from the division is a visible demonstration of the value that we place on convocation and the celebration of our students’ achievements. We hope that you and your colleagues will be able to join the Academic Procession for any or all of the ceremonies.
See the schedule of the ceremonies.
Members of the Governing Council, Faculty and Staff will be able to submit their on-line RSVP to participate in the Academic Procession for the Fall 2013 convocation ceremonies. Information regarding regalia rental, assembly time and meeting place is noted below. If you are experiencing difficulty with our website or wish to speak with a staff member in the Office of Convocation, please call us at (416) 978-3629 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Terry Johnston at (416) 978-6425.
Go to the Academic Procession RSVP form. Please note that the online RSVP form will open on October 15th, 2013.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Terry Johnston at (416) 978-6425.
General Information for those who have indicated they are attending a Convocation Ceremony Assembly
- Assembly Time: 30 minutes before the time of convocation
- Location: Board Room/Council Chamber, Simcoe Hall, 27 King’s College Circle, 2nd Floor.
- Questions: Please contact the Office of Convocation at (416) 978-3629
- Rental of Academic Costume Regalia: Academic Costume Regalia is available, for a small fee, to all members of faculty and staff from our supplier. Please note that they can provide black gowns for members, but hoods only for those with a University of Toronto degree (they cannot provide hoods for degrees earned from other universities). Between October 15th and October 28th, you can arrange for your gown and hood rental. Please note that the gown rental service will close on October 28th at 11:45 p.m.
- Academic Costume Regalia Pick-up Location: Croft Chapter House, University College, 15 King’s College Circle. Please follow the signs for staff and faculty gown rental. Do not join the student line-up for gown and hood rental pick-up.
- Purchase of Academic Regalia – please contact the Office of Convocation at (416) 978-3629.