University of Toronto

Office of Convocation

Preparing to Graduate

Faculty of Arts and Science

Students in the Faculty of Arts and Science who expect to graduate at the end of a given session, must indicate their intent to graduate through the Student Web Service (ROSI).

Prospective graduands can find Instructions for Graduating Students on the Faculty of Arts and Science website.

University of Toronto Mississauga

Students at the University of Toronto Mississauga can find Graduation and Convocation information on the University of Toronto Mississauga website.

University of Toronto Scarborough

Students at the University of Toronto Scarborough can find Graduation information on the University of Toronto Scarborough website.

School of Graduate Studies

Please visit the School of Graduate Studies website for details.

Professional Programs

Please contact the Registrar’s Office in your program for details.

Confirming Graduation Status

Students should verify their eligibility to graduate with their Registrar.

Important: make sure to update your contact information online using ROSI. The way your name appears in ROSI, is the way it will appear on your degree.

Name Change

Your name as it appears in the University’s Repository of Student Information (ROSI) is the name that will appear on your diploma. To view your name on ROSI, just visit the ROSI web-site and select the “GRADUATION” option.

Once you have seen your name as it will appear on your diploma:

Is your name missing accents? If so, please download and complete the Name on Diploma (June Form) or the Name on Diploma (November Form) and return the form to the address provided.

Please follow the instructions on the form. Please note that this form is only for accents. The DEADLINE to return the form for the November 2015 Convocation period is September 22, 2015 and for the June 2016 Convocation period is TBD.  Due to publication deadlines, forms received after this deadline cannot be processed.

For any other changes to your name, please visit your College or Faculty Registrar’s Office to complete the necessary forms and provide proper documentation to support the desired change.

If you have any questions, please contact us at (416) 978-5940 or email (please be sure to include your student number if emailing).