Before the Day of Convocation – Advance Planning:
- Please note that the deadline to request name changes/corrections for the the Spring 2014 Convocation period is March 20th, 2014.
- Order academic regalia (gown & hood) online between May 5th and May 20th, 2014. Take note of the rental confirmation number.
- If you are attending the ceremony, RSVP and order tickets online. The online RSVP and Guest Ticket Request form will be available through the Student Web Service (ROSI) as of May 5th. A gown rental ID number is needed.
- If you are not attending a ceremony, please see getting my diploma for more information.
- Pick up tickets.
- Only the graduand can collect the tickets – please do not send family or friends on your behalf as tickets will not be released to them. Regrettably, we do not offer a mailing service.
- Please contact the Office of Convocation at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (416) 978-3629 if you are a graduand requiring special services or accommodations (e.g. sign interpreter; wheelchair seating)
- If you have a guest(s) with accessibility challenges, please indicate this on the RSVP and Ticket online form so we may accommodate your guests.
On the Day of Your Convocation:
- Ensure your guests have their tickets. Guests without tickets will not be admitted.
- For those who have not picked up their tickets in advance, tickets will be available for pick-up in the Office of Convocation in Simcoe Hall, Room 102. You will require a student card to pick-up your tickets. Please be advised that only the graduate can pick up his/her guest tickets. Please do not send an alternate.
- Arrive at University College at least one hour and thirty minutes prior to the ceremony (please allow more time if you have not yet picked up your guest tickets) to pick up your gown and hood. It is recommended that you leave personal items (purses, coats, cameras) with your guests. There is no secure storage space in University College and all the items you bring must then be carried to Convocation Hall and you’ll need to hold onto these items throughout the proceedings.
- After regalia has been collected, be in the marshalling rooms in University College one hour and fifteen minutes before your ceremony to join the graduating student procession.
- Please return your regalia following your convocation ceremony to avoid charges.
NOTE: To ensure your participation in the ceremony, please arrive by the times provided. Due to the complex arrangements involved in arranging a successful ceremony, if you arrive late there is no guarantee that you will be able to join the ceremony.